Thursday, July 27, 2006

When lines fall in pleasant places...

Ok, we're one week out from our departure date, we're on the threshold of a new adventure. It's an exciting experience to step out in the unknown and discover some new horizons. At the moment we're busy packing the house and we're trying to put all those loose ends together, there are so many things you have to think of when making a big move. I'm glad Phoebe and I are in this together, I would definitely miss some of those loose ends if I would do something like this on my own. But looking at our progress now, the lines do seem to fall in pleasant places. The first line to drop in a pleasant place, was when my parents decided to fly us over to Holland for a holiday, wow, that was totaly unexpected, they are so generous! Another pleasent line was that we thought we might need a few Visas, but after a bit of research we discovered that a European Citizen doesn't need a visa to work and live in the UK, and we would only need a family permit for Phoebe, at no cost, and that gives Phoebe the same rights as me, great news! Apart from that I have been accepted after applying for a job in the Site & Facilities department at Ellel Pierrepont for the duration of our stay, which will contribute in making ends meet. We also have our extended church family within reach with Hillsong London not being to far away, we're looking forward to seeing some familiar faces from years back and getting connected in church life over there. One of the big lines falling in the right place is seeing our family in Holland, and some of my long lost friends (at least that's what it feels like), I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone!
There are still a few lines that need to land in the right spot, but we believe that they will. We are convinced in our hearts that this step in our journey is in line with God's will for us at this point in time. So, we'll be hopping on that plane next week!

No comments: