Monday, August 21, 2006

MISSING EVERYONE

OK so I know that we dont see everyone all the time anyway, but there is something about NOT being able to see someone that makes you miss them even more. Today was a day to think about Church...being a Sunday...and all I could think was its not the same. Church is the people I worship next to or see week after week, its not the building or Hillsong or the music or the preaching. Its the Body. The people I love and have become connected to through meeting each week to love God and love life and love people. Thats irreplaceable. You are irreplaceable. Just thought i would say that today.

I'm also missing my family. I knew that when we left we were gong for a while, but now I know how long a week is in another country. I'm homesick, and waking up to the fact that i wont hug my mum at Christmas or her birthday. I wont get to see my sister, or be there for her birthday. I'll miss Fathers Day and seeing my dad this year was one of my highlights. And then there are the milestones I'm missing. I wont see Amielle's first walk or hear her first words. I wont see Ellie turn 2 or watch Rachaels belly grow. I wont get to see Karen off at the airport as she takes her faith step to Canada, I wont be at Melisa's exhibition of all her fabulous paintings, I wont be there for Kylie as she does a life change, I wont be there for Racquels big promotion, and I'll miss all that God does in church life with the Dramatic Arts team and the illustrated sermons...I'll miss Hillsongwomen and seeing what beautiful things God does in SAFE. I'm so pumped about being here, and I'm looking forward to Ellel (although it probably doesn't sound like it!), but I realise I didnt say my goodbyes well enough. I tried, but its not easy to say what you need to in the moment. OK so i'm going to go now because i'm tearing up. Obviously this post is from Phoebe and not Tim. All you guys can just skip it. And if you read til here, I congratulate you on your mushy heart. :)

OK so the main thing is I LOVE YOU

No comments: